Lean-Agile Coaching QuickStart
London, April 2018
Want to become a better Scrum Master, a better coach, a better leader in an agile organisation?
Want to improve your effectiveness at work developing fundamental lean-agile coaching skills, and expanding your understanding of the lean-agile coach role & responsibilities?
Want to draft your own personal development plan to develop further your strengths in coaching after the training, and get references to relevant resources?
This one-day energetic hands-on training consists of practical group activities, quick presentations of essential concepts, and class discussions.
Participants will explore broadly and practice all the key aspects of lean-agile coaching: facilitating, professional coaching, lean-agile mentoring and lean-agile teaching. Further consideration will be given on facilitating and professional coaching skills such as: creating a thinking environment, deep listening, empathy, non-violent communication, powerful questioning, and coaching conversations.
Participants will also explore their coaching strengths, their gaps, and areas where they want to focus on, for personal development.
The whole workshop is underpinned by the philosophy of learning by doing and learning by example.
Learn how to:
- better facilitate groups and agile teams’ ceremonies, ad hoc meetings and workshop
- have professional coaching conversations
- mentor individual agile team/org's members
- improve your training design and delivery
- develop your lean-agile coaching skills
About the Trainers
Qualified Agile Coach.
Lean/Agile hands-on practitioner since the very beginning of the agile movement.
Luca Minudel is a qualified agile coach and has many years of hands-on experience as lean-agile coach. He delivered coaching and training in top-tier organisations in Europe and the United States for ThoughtWorks. He has 15 years of hands-on experience with a variety of lean/agile frameworks, in a variety of teams, industries, and organisations, including Scuderia Ferrari F1 racing team. He embarked on a multi-year journey of personal discovery and development, that led him to develop many of the traits that make him a good coach.
Professional Coach qualified at the EMCC.
Experienced in Agile delivery.
Jon Sleeper is a Professional and Agile Coach with more than 25 years’ experience, creating, evolving and delivering new technology products. Jon has a particular appetite for the power of professional coaching to achieve successful outcomes. He enjoys working with orgs that want to change by embedding lean and agile ways of working to enable more productive teams and a more purposeful working environment. Jon offers performance coaching to help leaders and team members to create an environment that is inspiring and motivating.
Day 1 Morning
- Lean-Agile Coaching overview
- Facilitation overview (creating a thinking environment, deep listening, non-violent communication, facilitating mindset)
- Coaching overview (coaching mindset, coaching stance, coaching conversation arc/GROW model, powerful questions)
Day 1 Afternoon
- Coaching overview part 2 (coaching triads, coaching relationship design)
- Teaching quick overview
- Mentoring quick overview
- Co-coaching & personal development plan
For Scrum Masters, Iteration/Delivery Managers, Agile Coaches, team's Facilitators, team Leaders, Leaders and Managers of an agile organisation.
- Work experience and good understanding of the fundamentals of at least one, non scaled, lean/agile framework